So, this is it, the final, really final, final final post. There’s nothing more left to do, everyone has worked to get to this point. The point where we can safely say that we have delivered a game that looks like a game. We started from scratch and managed to build something that is truly ours. While our path towards this was everything but straight, the things we had to discard ultimately learned us a few lessons.
Today, we can present a performant Unity WebGL build (that, on its own, is already an achievement) everyone can test, with controller or without. Controls and overall feel have greatly improved over the last few days, as has consistency and level design.
We can be proud in a way because we have done everything we wanted and even more. Along with the actual production of the game also comes the post-production or what happens after the game. We made a promotional trailer and informative artwork along with it. That makes presenting our project so much more fun.
Thanks to everyone for following this project! And don’t forget to play:
I worked on my level , cleaned it up more.
Made two options of low poly water textures.
Also made a map selection texture.
i fixed some problems with the vertice allignment so that the welding is correct and our river is nice and neat.
I’m still working on fixing our character’s animation as it is a bit wonky still.
I worked on my 2 levels. I made a new level and adjusted my previous level to make it playable.
I readded the Flickering effect that occurs when you get damaged.
A new screen overlay for ink has also been made.
As the deadline nears and actual work gets sparser, we try to add some new things here and there while primarily focusing on bug fixing, finalizing art and level design. Right now, the game is in a great state, with very little more to happen to the core mechanics (content-wise, we can’t get much further).
These past weeks have been hard on most of us due to the lack of time, time that might as well be spent on another course. However, we still managed to squeeze out 3 new levels, some basic things like the trees’ colors, optimizations here and there and better sound effects. Along with that an options menu to control the sound levels and a new map visual for the level selection.
You can find the latest near-final build here.
In the last weeks, I’ve been working on a new level, refining the previous one and ironing out some bugs. Along with that I’ve made a script that changes the trees’ colors based on your progress in the game. Near the end the winter nears.
They also vary in between their own little forests. While not really visible all the time, lighting reveals their colors.
This last two weeks i have spend on 2 things.
I tried to make my two levels more interesting and playable. still not fully sure about my second level ‘speedy’, I like the concept but it needs to be a bit more interesting.
The second thing is sound mixing, never done it before. And I’m conflicted about the process. Nobody likes listening to the same sounds on loop. but i hope the sound i a lot better then the original temp sounds are in that.